Friday, November 9, 2012

process

      I turn on my computer and think about all of the possibilities of what to make into a video. There is my movie program movie maker and also all of the pictures I can use. There is the long play list of songs to add to the video. My friend gave me a song and some pictures she wanted me to make a video of. This is how I make a video.
      I wake up and get me some soda. Turn on my laptop and make sure I have my special keyboard and mouse. Turn on windows movie maker and start to brain storm how to make a tribute to military families. I decided to go to Google images and also photobucket. I played through a lot of the songs that I had but one caught my ear. Leona Lewis What Ever it Takes. After I get the song and transfer it into the program I save all of the pictures I want to use and transfer them into the program also. I take a break and contemplate how im going to put them into order.
      I start to listen to the song more carefully and make sure the pictures go with the words of the song. I organize some of the pics that I found that imply what the video is going to be about in the beginning. Then the rest of the pictures have to go with the words and try to make the person feel how thankful I am for all of the military personnel and the family that support them for my way of life today. I like to put pictures in the video that will have a emotional connection with the people who would view the video. I got to after a lot more soda edit and say where I got the music and pictures.
      I start to go through the video ten or more times to make sure it is to my liking and that people will like it. I watch this video and the only bad part of it is my dad was in the military as a army ranger so I start to tear up a little towards the end. I put who the video is made by, what song im using, and where the pictures are from. I save the video and make sure it will play. I put it onto youtube and try to get views and comments on what people think of it.
      I like to make videos and tributes that have meaning. If I have soda, a computer with movie maker, an idea, and some tunes I can make a kick ass video. This is the product of the video tribute to military families. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8D24_jsBx0&list=UUMLi7XyLjvXyk_w_fLQyVig&index=8&feature=plpp_video

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I would add is in graf 1--you might have explained a little about the friend, why she wanted the video, which pictures she had, etc. As it is, we don't know til graf 2 what the topic of the video is going to be and that's a little late.

    That said, this is process, tightly constructed, enough personal detail to lift it out of just instructions. Glad to take it.

    ReplyDelete