Friday, November 2, 2012

timed Effect essay

      When I think back to when I started to learn to drive I remember that I don't have a lot of behind the wheel experience. Last year during winter was the first time I had ever driving in snow and ice. I hit black ice and wrapped my car around a pole in February of this year. It caused me to have lots of medical bills, go through physical therapy and also to take a test to be able to drive again.
      When I woke up in the hospital I didn't know why I was there. I was told I git black ice and crashed my car. I will still in disbelief but knew I did do something to end up in the hospital. I had a traumatic brain injury. When I got out of the hospital I started to receive bills. For ambulances,  life flight, tests, hospital stay, and all sorts of things. It added up quick to well over 100,000. Enough to make me cringe.
      When I was in the hospital I was going through physical therapy to help my body to recover from being hurt. They did a lot of exersize and coordination type of tests. I said "it was only a crash I can still do the things I used to." Wow was I wrong. I had trouble walking straight and keeping my balance. I had to have help taking a shower. I couldn't get any wear on my own.  Also had to graduate from therapy and have a last head check before I could get approved to go back to work.
      The one effect of the crash that irritated me was anyone who has a head injury in a crash even if they don't remember it like me. They have to take the written and driven portion of the test again to be able to drive. I had to learn how to parallel park. I read to much into the questions. I failed it two times and passed it my third. Then I had to get a new car so I could get to and from work. The driveing test had a lot more to it then when I took it in Colorado. 
      All of the things that happen from en-experience in life are either drastic or mild compared to what it is you don't have experience with. Its on of those life lesson that they say you learn to mistakes. It can be practical expertise like driving or it can be math. They both take practice. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to take this as is.

    This is clearly set up as effect and offers enough detail. The mechanical problems you've had recently are handled much better here.

    All that's missing is a single sentence in the first graf tying your material to the prompt. Something like: 'If only I'd had more experience on the winter roads of Maine, I might have avoided the accident and its effects.'

    It's the word 'roads' that the first graf should have had!

    ReplyDelete