Saturday, October 27, 2012

example essay editied

      I never really had a family atmosphere growing up. I always wanted to find my dad and his side of the family and see if I could have a future with people that I love and that will love me. When I moved to Maine to be with my family I got more then I expected and it made me feel great. They helped in more ways then one. They helped me get a car, my own apartment, a job and also a chance to go to college. The major thing the added to my life was great self esteem and a sense of being loved which I had never had in my life. They made me part of the family.
      When I first came up to Maine I was a little worried of what to expect considering I went through hell growing up. When I got there I was surprised that most of my family was at the airport to great me and take me home. The one thing that stuck was when my grandma said that she was saying "The one thing I want before I die is to see Brandon ." My grandpa said "give that up we don't even know where he is." "Then two weeks later I got my wish and I get to give my grandson a hug again after over 10 years." That made me feel like the happiest person in the world at that moment.
      When I moved in with my dad witch was a dream come true. He started by helping me find a job and saying that I could go to college where he works for free because he gets a waver for his kids to go to school. He looked at me and said "You got the smarts to do anything you set your mind to and I want you to be able to go to school and get a good job. I don't want you to work like a dog the rest of your life trying to make a living off two or more jobs." I have never been told I can do anything I set my mind to. Also never had been giving to opportunity to do so. My dad gave me both of those in one swoop.
       I never had a relationship with my real mom growing up but My step mom has been more my mother then my real mom ever acted. She tells me what I need to hear not what I want. She told me if I want to be part of the family spend time with them get to know them. She said if its what you really want try or else we wont try. She has helped me learn to cook and also what to do on my own with budgeting money. Growing up and learning to be on my own. My step mom has always considered me her own kid and that is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
      When I think back to what I have been through and what I have always wanted. It make me appreciate that it made me a stronger person and that miraculous things do happen. My self esteem would have never gotten to where it is now and also I wouldn't have come out of my shell as much as I have if my family didn't find me. Its like One Republic Sang its going to be a good good life. I stay true to that.

2 comments:

  1. Again this is one where your content and organization are fine--you are giving three examples of your Maine family welcoming you. Your examples make believers out of the reader.

    But I want to push you to work on the punctuation before I take it. ONe thing to look at is to be consistent and thorough with quotation marks--the quotations are great, now punctuate them.

    Then there are the picky things that add up and throw the reader off: Main for Maine, fist for first, i for I--stuff like that. Clean her up and let me take another look, ok?

    ReplyDelete