Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Contrast essay rewritten

      Out of all of the people in my life there are two women that helped me shape my life today. That is my step mother and mother. They both were married to my dad and both have more then one kid. My mother was Mary Jane and my step mom Michele. Both women have helped me shape my life but beside them both being married to my dad and having kids. They are as different as night and day. Not only with looks but with personalities, habits, likes, dislikes, and anything you could possibly think of.
         My step mom Michele is very family oriented. She has a big issue on being a family. If you dont want to be part of it she wont try either. When i fist came up to maine and had my walls up in defence. She flat out said that she has done nothing wrong and if i want to be part of the family i need to try. She said what i needed to hear not what i wanted to hear. My mom Mary Jane only wants to be with you if it will benefit her. The only time she says family is when someone is hurt and will get her some attention. When I got into my car crash this year she called me when i was in the hospital but when i got out she didnt call or talk to me.Michele will help family and spend time with them and get to know them. Mary Jane on the other hand wants to know whats in your bank and what she can get. At lease i know why i want family.
      When it comes on work ethic My mom Michele is always working weather or not it is raising a kid or working at her job. When she is not at work and the kids she is reading or cleaning the house. Mary Jane is ass backwards she wants to do as less as she can and get paid for it. She pretty much got all of my money from my job and also always needed to borrow money and not pay it back.  That's why i work my hardest and i have to be working at all times i hate sitting still.
      Michele is one of those parent that wants their kids to do good in school and go to college so thay can better their selves. She doesnt want her kids to have to be struggling for money or looking for multiple jobs for the rest of their lifes.  Michele has told me i cn do what ever i set my mind to and said i have a chance to go to a college for free. Its a chance you need to take. Im trying to get into that college as we speak. Mary Jane is on the flip side of the coin. She really doesnt care about grades or what you do in you life. She always brags about what she has done in her life all of the things she has accomplished. If we do something good or decent she says "cool i did that too.". When it comes down to the want of bettering my education and getting a better job i dont think i get that from my real mom.
      When i used to visit Maine every summer she would always help me with all that i did and teach me how to do it also. My step mom Michele i consider my mom more then i do my real mom. She has been there for me and has tried to help me get better personality and learn how good it is to have a family. Mary Jane taught me how i dont want to end up being like lazy, unkind, and not wanting a family. When it comes to who i am today i am glad to have been able to learn from both of these women.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to work, I think, but right now you only have two support grafs--we need three differences, so one more graf where you lay out another difference.

    ReplyDelete