Friday, September 21, 2012

Intros 2

                                                                        Intro 1


      There are lots of reasons i joined martial arts to begin with. It wasn't a whim like when i tried out for football. I was always watching movies with people like Bruce Lee, Jacky Chan, And Jet Lee. I wanted to meet them and learn some of their qualities. I wanted to learn how to defend the people i love with and without violence. So i loved in when were able to grapple or spar in my judo and jue-jitsu class. I was really good at grappling to the point where they always put me against my sensi. When i saw how they all had great self esteem and confidence i wanted to gained some of that myself. Martial arts taught me a lot about myself and also taught me how to hold my head high. I have a lot of fears also like when i see spiders. I know this is funny but i want to overcome those fears and be courageous. I thought martial arts would help lead me to build the adaptation or courage so i could have some. I was on a mission to achieve it. I look at my goal when im in class and it drives me to work harder and push myself to get to the next level.


                                                              Intro 2
     Why are martial artist so courageous? How are they able to defend the ones they love? How do they hold their head so high with confidence? Its amazing how many questions i can have for one topic. I wanted to be able to adapt these aspects of what i saw in movies and fights and be able to live them myself. I wanted to be able to use it for defense and nothing else so i could protect the ones that i love. I wanted to be able to walk with my head held high and have great self esteem. There is something i have always wanted also to be courageous and over come my fears. There are many reasons i want to develop these qualities and make them my own. The only way i saw myself seceding in doing this was to start martial arts.

2 comments:

  1. Let me rearrange this and break it into mini-grafs and add a few words, so you can see clearly what you have.

    There are lots of reasons i joined martial arts to begin with. It wasn't a whim like when i tried out for football. I was always watching movies with people like Bruce Lee, Jacky Chan, And Jet Lee.

    I wanted to meet them and learn some of their qualities. When i saw how they all had great self esteem and confidence i wanted to gained some of that myself. I thought martial arts would teach me a lot about myself and also teach me how to hold my head high. This was my first reason for getting into martial arts.

    Another reason was I wanted to learn how to defend the people i love with and without violence.

    Another reason was I have a lot of fears also like when i see spiders. I know this is funny but i want to overcome those fears and be courageous. I thought martial arts would help lead me to build the adaptation or courage so i could have some. I was on a mission to achieve it.

    So i loved it when were able to grapple or spar in my judo and jue-jitsu class. I was really good at grappling to the point where they always put me against my sensi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call that an intro, even though I've broken it into multiple grafs. You go on to talk about the three reasons in more detail.

    ReplyDelete