Monday, September 10, 2012

object

Well i have moved a lot in my life and i have had to get rid of a lot of my property. I have really never been a materialistic person. The one item i can say that has a lot of meaning to me would be what my brother did want. It was a game boy color my dad sent to us. He sent one to me that got broken by my mom and then my brothers. He was going to get rid of it and i said no i want it. I dont have a lot of things from my dad due to the fact that him and my mom were divorced and my brother knew it wasnt his dad so he didnt want it. When i look at the gameboy even though i do not play it anymore. I cant get rid of the one thing that kept me thinking of my dad and trying to find him. Everytime i would get discouraged and not want to go on i would pull that system out and start to play it and it would make me happy. I have been looking for my dad and his side of the family for over ten years. When i was thinking about giving up or driving up to the last address my dad had. When i moved to california i was thinking about trying to get a car and driving to maine to see my dad if i could find him. When the best thing ever happened to me. My aunt called me and said is this Brandon. I felt like i was in a dream. She said we have been looking for you for over ten years and we finally found a way to contact you. I looked at my gameboy that was from my dad and was saying thank you. I quite my job that day and was on a plane to Maine that night. I dont think i will ever get rid of the system due to the fact that i found my family and are with them right now.

1 comment:

  1. Let me do something for you as an example that you are going to have to learn to do for yourself. Edit your writing, clean it up. Here is an edited version of your piece--all the words are yours, just fewer of them and more focused on the important stuff:

    I have moved a lot in my life and I have had to get rid of a lot of my property. I have really never been a materialistic person. The one item that has a lot of meaning to me was a game boy color my dad sent to us. I dont have a lot of things from my dad due to the fact that him and my mom were divorced.

    Everytime i would get discouraged and not want to go on i would pull that system out and start to play it and it would make me happy when i was thinking about giving up or driving up to the last address my dad had.. I have been looking for my dad and his side of the family for over ten years. When i moved to california i was thinking about trying to get a car and driving to maine to see if i could find my dad.

    When the best thing ever happened to me. My aunt called me and said is this Brandon. I felt like i was in a dream. She said we have been looking for you for over ten years and we finally found a way to contact you. I looked at my gameboy that was from my dad and was saying thank you.

    I quite my job that day and was on a plane to Maine that night. I dont think i will ever get rid of the system .

    ReplyDelete